The FARO Design ScanArm 2.5C is the optimal solution for developing parts and after-market products characterised by different coatings, materials, co-molded parts or surfaced finishes that are without existing CAD models. The Design ScanArm 2.5C can be used throughout the entire product lifecycle when developing a design, assisting in the reverse engineering, 3D modeling and CAD-based design applications. The high-resolution colour point cloud data obtained when scanning provides an ideal insight into the design and creation of objects, as well as their surface composition and material differences. This data can than be used for 3D visualisation of rendered objects in movies, games and online marketing, or also used to develop aftermarket products. The Design ScanArm (DSA2.5C) is often used to reverse engineer older parts for design modifications or part replacement, or also to create a product prototype. With the Design ScanArm you can benefit from the advantages of rapid prototyping by identifying and eliminating errors or weaknesses at an early stage in the production process saving time, money and re-work. Maximise measurement volume and save time with the 8-axis system designed to allow DSA 2.5C to move around the measured part quickly whilst producing highly accurate scanning results.
Features & Benefits:
- Accessible: work without external power onsite (dual hot swappable batteries)
- Easy to use: regardless of skill level or 3D scanning experience
- High Resolution Colour Scanning: Up to 75 microns for unmatched precision
- Accurate and Precise: Exceptional high speed scanning up to 600,000 points per second with the 8-Axis system, also avoiding ScanArm relocation.
- Flexible: Each measuring volume can be measured with 3 different arm lengths
- High Quality: Receive the highest quality noise-free scan data on the market
- 3D Visualization: Realistic 3D visualisation of objects in colour that can be used in movies and games
Interested? Get all product information or book a FREE live demonstration with our FARO experts to learn how the FARO Design ScanArm can speed up and optimise your design workflow.